Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This work really is a miracle! June 24, 2013

Hello family!!! Wow are you guys as pumped for missionary work as i am from that broadcast. That had to be one of the coolest things in the world. Wow this work really is a miracle. That was the coolest thing to hear all the apostles and prophets (i love them so so much) talking about missionary. And those videos. The church is so tech savy these days and its so amazing. SO AMAZING all the missionaries singing called to serve. The spirit was so strong and it made me so pumped to be a missionary. This is really is the Work of Salvation and Heavenly Father knows all His children and loves them so now we have to go find them and teach and baptize! how amazing. also when they showed the video with the song i hope they call me on a mission with the little kid and then all the process of growing up until they were set apart as amissionary. wow. i felt like that was exactly me and i was-am so thankful for everything in my life that has prepared me to be a missionary. I am so thankful for amazing parents who raised me in the gospel and taught me so many things and then YW leaders who also taught me so much and gave amazing lessons. and girls camps and treks and my ward and everything. and then i just starting crying in the video when the kids got their mission calls and were set apart and said bye to their families. wow haha i remeber exaclty when all those things happened to me. And now it really feel like we are the army of Helamen, just all over the world telling people about the truh. So amazing. Also my love for the apostles and the prohpet grow everytime i listen to them. They are seriously amazing and men of God. I know they are the prophets and apostles of the Lord. How amazing that we live in a time with the true gospel. and everytime the prophets talk i just can sense the urgency in their voices because they know that the Lord is hastening His work for a reason. I loved every second of it but i estched in spanish so i didnt pick up everything but i cuold still feel the spirit. But if they print all those talks could you maybe print them off and send them to me? But yeah i dont know about you guys but i am pumped to be a missionary. When we left the meeting i contacted the bus and i just was feeling so excited about missionary work and just bore my testimony to the whole bus and was so happy to be a missionary haha.
Okay so also this week Elder Duncan came to our mission! He gave us some great ideas and i also felt the spirit so strong when i got to talk to him and shake his hand. The spirit was so strong and yes learned lots of things to imrove on. 
We didnt make too much progress with any investigaors this week so we are going to work hard this week! And changes are wednesday so i will find out tongiht if i am staying in San Pedro of if i am off to a differtent area of Guatemala!
Thank you so much for all your love and support. When i miss home i can feel your love and prayers. I know i say this every email but i really am just so thankaful for my family. I love you all so so much and am so thankful for you all. This truly is the Work of the Lord. It is up to us to bring the world His truth. I am so thankful to be part of this miracle of missionary work at this time. How amazing it is to be serving at this time. The Lord is in the details of our lives and love us all with perfect love. 
Specail thanks to Sister Palmer, Porter and Larson for the letters! and the HV ward beehives! they were inspiring and i am so thankful for the support!
I love you all so much and have a great week!
Hermana Skousen

No comments:

Post a Comment